Adult Only Caravan and Campsite Somerset

Adult Only Caravan & Camping Park

Self-catering Lodge Accommodation

Sparkford Somerset





26 MARCH 2020


"Following on from the government's guidance on social distancing in relation to COVID-19, people should avoid travelling unless it is essential.

This guidance is for people planning to visit second homes or holiday premises during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Essential travel does not include visits to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays. People should remain in their primary residence. Not taking these steps puts additional pressure on communities and services that are already at risk."

22 March 2020


Dear customers, friends and the South Somerset community,

We have no clear message from the UK Government regarding staying open or closing. It is therefore our own moral judgement that we should close our gates for the timebeing, beginning Monday 23 March.

This is the first time under our 23 year ownership, and to our knowledge under the site's 75 years in business, that we have had to make a prolonged closure.

The impact of tourists looking to self isolate in small, rural areas is becoming very clear on the news. We feel, as a responsible business, that we cannot inflict further strain on our GP surgery, our NHS and our shops at this time. Our customers are finding the “non-essential travel” suggestion to be very vague, so we will do our best to make it clear: if the human travel stops, the viral travel stops too.

A large number of our customers are in the high risk category, whether that is the over 70s or those with underlying health issues. We cannot continue to allow for the spread of this virus to have a knock on effect on vulnerable people.

We have been in constant contact with the BH&HPA, sometimes emailing across concerns several times a day to be put to Government. We have taken advice from Tourism Industry experts across the South West. We have spoken to many, many site owners and small businesses about the impact of this and to share insights and advice. However, the decision lies with us to do the best we can here.

We are very proud of how well our customers have conducted themselves during this time, making sensible decisions to postpone their own enjoyment for the sake of others. We too, passed on extra precautions with increased cleaning, new check-in procedures and regular updates to all concerned. There is no clubhouse, games room or bar and we all but shut down any communal indoor areas. We can't thank you enough for being so understanding, even when we changed our procedures several times a day!

We are a small touring caravan park, with no seasonal pitches or storage to rely on for income, so this decision hasn't been an easy one for us. At present, we are still unsure whether our insurance will cover a closure, but this is a risk we have to take as a responsible business. Working and planning throughout the night has become the norm for us for weeks and we won't be stopping, despite our temporary closure. We're still here, keeping everything on track.

Any outstanding bookings, we will be contacting you imminently. We would request at this tough time that you kindly defer your booking rather than ask for a refund, so that we are able to re-open when this is all over. We are accepting re-booking for up to one year from the end of your travel date with us, in order to apply the least restrictions possible.

Currently, we are waiting for a Government announcement to determine when we will re-open. We are making it our number one priority to keep you all updated.

It is safe to say, we have learnt a lot from this. Whether that's making quick decisions for the safety of our customers; the ability to adapt to new, unprecedented situations; or knowing when the time is right to do our bit and close the gates.

We're going to take this time to work outside on the grounds, to ensure that everything looks the best it possibly can for when you come back and visit us again. We appreciate your understanding at this time. You are all in our thoughts.

Please keep well and keep safe.

Alan, Pamela and Christina

22 March 2020


During this difficult time, we would ask if you would please kindly consider purchasing gift vouchers for a future stay at Long Hazel Park. These can be for any amount, sent by email, and do not have an expiry date. Gift vouchers can be used against any stay, whether it is touring, tenting or a lodge stay in the future.

As a very small, family business, we do not have storage or seasonal pitches to rely on and all trade comes from holidaymakers. We do not employ any staff or wardens and run the whole show between the three of us (and our Jack Russell Lola!)

We've been through tough times before, with Foot and Mouth; the fuel crisis; Swine Flu and the economic crash to name a few. In fact, we've dealt with a lot at Long Hazel over the 23 years we've run it, and we know the business has had some tough times in the 75 years it's been open.

But, here's the thing: whilst shops can go online and restaurants can turn in to takeaways, some of the caravan park industry can't do a lot else without customers coming through the gates. So, whilst it's safe to say with our track record, we'll very likely be here once this all blows over, your gift card purchase means we'll definitely be here after COVID-19 goes away.

As a thank you for supporting us during this tough time, any gift voucher purchase you make, we'll add an extra 10% on top for free.

Please take a look at our gift voucher page and email us if you'd like to make a purchase. Thank you.

Gift Vouchers


Following the postponement of three major Somerset events, we would like to inform our customers we are doing our best to adapt bookings:

RNAS Yeovilton Air Day 2020 has been cancelled

- if you have booked for accommodation with us for Yeovilton Air Day 2020, we will hold your deposit over so that you can come back for 2021 and you will have priority booking with us for these dates too

- if you cannot make the new date, we will hold your deposit over for use at any time between now and 13 July 2021

The Royal Bath and West Show at Shepton Mallet has been moved to 31 July, 1 & 2 August
- if you have booked for the original dates, we will hold your deposit over so that you can come back for the new Bath and West dates
- if you cannot make the new show dates, we will hold your deposit over for use at any time between now and 30 May 2021

Glastonbury Festival 2020 has been postponed to 2021
- Glastonbury Festival have advised that they will be holding deposits over to 2021 and that you will have priority to purchase tickets for next year's festival
- if you have booked for accommodation on your way to the festival, during the festival, or on your way back from the festival, we will hold your deposit over so that you can come back for 2021 and you will have priority booking with us for these dates too
- if you cannot make the new date, we will hold your deposit over for use at any time between now and 30 June 2021

Please do get in touch if you would like to change your dates, either by telephone on 01963 440002 or email at

As a small business, we are sure you will appreciate that we cannot offer refunds for events that are outside of our control. We are, however, doing our best to be understanding and offering what we can in terms of re-booking. If you have travel insurance, you may be able to claim against this for cancellations.


18 March 2020