Adult Only Caravan & Camping Park
Self-catering Lodge Accommodation
OPEN ALL YEAR
In the wake of COVID-19, we are unable to open our Reception safely to customers whilst ensuring social distancing. We are, instead, taking our Reception online so that you can access all information in one place.
Our Reception will not be open for the forseeable future. Please do not ring the Reception bell for attention, as this is a high traffic touch point. If you require attention whilst on site, please telephone 01963 440002 or email [email protected] In good weather, we will be outside on site, but please remember to observe social distancing if you need help.
Please fill out the registration form sent to you by email before you arrive and return it to us.
If you have lost the email, our Registration form can be downloaded here:
MAP OF THE TOURING PARK
You will have been sent a map of the park by email before you arrive, showing your pitch. When you enter the park, please turn immediately to your left if you are in a touring unit. If your pitch is central, please drive through, opposite the house and park up.
Please use the pitch(es) you have been allocated. If there is a problem with your pitch, please telephone us on 01963 440002.
At present, we have closed our Shower Block and washing up facilities to help prevent the spread of the virus. We are asking customers to please kindly use their own on-board facilities.
Our Chemical Disposal point is open 24 hours and there is a mop and bucket with bleach. Please clean up after any spillages. Hand sanitiser is available in the Chemical Disposal for after cleaning your cassette.
We have implemented a one-way, socially distanced system with clear signage around the facilities as we know it is a little overwhelming to be on holiday for the first time after lockdown.
We have installed an extra outdoor hand-washing sink to use after recycling your waste. Our water standpipe and grey water disposal are clearly signposted.
We have three complimentary WiFi networks available on site so that you can access our Online Reception and information during your stay.
BT customers can use our BT hotspot for free using their login details.
Please be considerate when using our WiFi, it will struggle to stream Netflix for the whole site! The Wifi may not be able to reach inside your touring unit and you may need to sit at the central picnic tables to access the networks.
We are asking for all payments to please be made by BACS transfer to avoid the handling of cash on site.
Please email or telephone us if you need our bank details.
We ask that all payments are transferred with your surname as your payment reference. We will then email confirmation that your payment has reached our account.
For bookings made in this uncertain environment, we are asking for a 20% part-payment to be made to secure your pitch, with the remaining 80% payable 10 days before arrival.
In the event of a medical emergency, please call 111 or 999
Doctor at Queen Camel Medical Centre (2 miles) can be contacted on 01935 850225
Yeovil Hospital with A&E (7 miles) can be contacted on 01935 475122
Nearest pharmacy Boots, Castle Cary (4 miles)
Delaware Veterinary Group at Castle Cary (4 miles) can be contacted on 01963 350307
In the event of a police emergency, please call 101 or 999
Avon and Somerset Police can be contacted on 0845 456700
Out of office Long Hazel Park number 07746058578
If you suspect you have COVID-19 during your stay, please pack and up and leave immediately. Please telephone us once you have safely arrived at home to inform us so that we can carry out necessary cleaning.
CRAIGS TAXI 07563 612473
MUM'S TAXI 07711 572038 / 01963 441121
CASTLE CARY TAXIS 01963 351333
ANZFORD CARS 07831 249441
Please click the attraction below to visit their website (opens in new window):
For more local attractions and places to eat and drink, please visit our local attractions page:
SHOPS AND FACILITIES
Londis and petrol station, Hazlegrove Services, Sparkford (400 yards)
The Old Parlour farm shop, Weston Bampfylde (1 mile)
A303 bakery, West Camel (3 miles) - Delivery information below
Premier Foods and Post Office, Queen Camel (3 miles)
Co-Op, Castle Cary (4 miles)
Farmers market, Castle Cary, every Tuesday (4 miles)
Morrisons and Lidl superstores, Wincanton (7 miles)
Tesco, M&S Food, Asda, Morrisons, Lidl, Iceland superstores, Yeovil (7 miles)
For information on the best local farm shops, cafes and small businesses, take a look at VisitSomerset's new independent Somerset businesses directory. Our postcode is BA22 7JH to help plan your stay!
For local dog walks, please visit our dog walk page:
Please exercise your dog off the park. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times whilst on site.
Our nearest dog waste bin is directly opposite our entrance, across the road.
We have organised for takeaways to be delivered by The Mildmay Arms in Queen Camel. Deliveries will be at 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday lunches. The Mildmay Arms will also be delivering alcohol to go with your meal.
BBQ Ribs / Southern Fried Chicken with French fries, corn on the cob, coleslaw
Indian takeaway: Beef jalfrezi / Chicken jalfrezi / Lamb tagine / Vegetable curry
All served with poppadoms, dips, Bombay potatoes, naan bread, onion bhaji
All dishes are £9.95
Fish and chips / Scampi / Chicken / Sausages / Fishcakes with curry sauce and mushy peas
All dishes are £6.95
Mildmay Burger 2x 6oz 100 % Angus Beef, Monterey Jack Cheese, Bacon, Mushrooms, Onion Rings, coleslaw and French fries
Spaghetti Bolognese / Carbonara / Lasagne
All served with garlic bread and french fries
BBQ Ribs and Chicken with French fries, corn on the cob, coleslaw
Meat Feast pizza / Pepperoni pizza / 4 cheeses pizza / Ham & pineapple pizza / Vegetarian pizza
All served with garlic bread and French fries
All dishes £9.95
Sunday lunch 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm:
Roast leg of Lamb
Roast rump of Beef
Honey roasted Gammon
Roast Chicken breast
Roasted leg of Pork with crackling
Cod in butter and caper sauce
Vegetarian and vegan options available
The Bakery at West Camel will be delivering fresh bread, cakes and pastries to Long Hazel Park on Tuesdays to Saturdays inclusive.
Delivery will be between 8:30 and 9:00 am and can be collected outside Reception. Please telephone the bakery the night before to place your order.
The Bakery has been operating since 1912 and have supplied bread and cakes at Glastonbury Festival and as props on Downton Abbey! You will also find their baked goods in many of the best local shops, pubs and restaurants in the South Somerset area, so we are very lucky they have agreed to deliver to our customers too!
Please click below to download the bakery delivery menu:
Our local ice cream van will be visiting on-site every Saturday afternoon from 5 July. J & J Ices take both cash and card payment.
Our arrival time is usually after 2:00 pm. If you would like to arrive from 9:00 am, we charge an extra £5.00.
Our departure time is usually 11:00 am. If you would like to stay until 6:00 pm, we charge an extra £5.00.
We ask that you please observe social distancing rules whilst on site due to COVID-19.
Please ensure you recycle whilst on site. We ask that you kindly use grey water to water our grass and around the trees where possible.
Our Chemical Disposal facilities are open at all times. Please use the mop to clean up after any spillages and leave this in good condition for the next user. There is bleach in the mop bucket. Please ensure that you use the appropriate chemicals in your chemical waste for disposal.
Please don't have open fires on site or use BBQs directly on the grass. We have bricks if you need a support for your BBQ, please let us know you need these and we will bring them over to your pitch.
COVID-19 ON SITE INFORMATION
We are unfortunately unable to accept extra visitors on site during the COVID-19 restrictions. Please meet friends or family off-site during this time.
Our Shower Block and Reception facilities will be closed until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience.
We will be unable to freeze ice blocks or charge mobile devices at present.
We would suggest that you bring masks and gloves for your own personal use on holiday and use these where appropriate. Remember to bring sufficient hand soap and hand sanitiser for your stay and for use in the locality.
If you are not well during your stay, please leave the site immediately. Please inform us that you have left by telephone when you have safely completed your journey. We will hold over any outstanding nights' payment for a future booking.
Please ensure you recycle during your stay. The recycling facilities are situated next to the Shower Block.
We have separate bins for:
As a county, Somerset are very keen to preserve our beautiful surroundings. In 2018-2019, Somerset reused and recycled 133,734 tonnes of waste, with over 50% of this being recycled in Somerset itself and 90% being recycled in the UK. The other 10% included plastic which was exported to be recycled in to new plastic!
We know recycling isn't the most glamorous job, but as our own little village within a village, we have the potential to produce a huge amount of rubbish at Long Hazel. If it's not separated out, it has the potential to go in to landfill, or damage the wildlife habitats we're working hard to preserve. We really appreciate your co-operation with recycling and, if we see you doing it, we'll probably give you a little cheer!