Adult Only Caravan & Camping Park
Self-catering Lodge Accommodation
OPEN ALL YEAR
COVID-19 CARAVAN PARK INFORMATION
WE WILL BE RE-OPENING TO HOLIDAYMAKERS FROM 2 DECEMBER 2020 WITH COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES IN PLACE. WE HAVE OBTAINED VISITENGLAND GOOD TO GO CERTIFICATION AND THE ADD COVID-19 CONFIDENT AWARDS.
WE HAVE PITCHES AVAILABLE FROM 3 DECEMBER, INCLUDING AVAILABILITY FOR CARAVANS, MOTORHOMES AND SELF-CATERING LODGES OVER CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR!
DURING THE SECOND COVID-19 LOCKDOWN, FROM 5 NOVEMBER TO 2 DECEMBER 2020, WE WILL BE ACCOMMODATING KEY WORKERS AND THOSE WHO NEED TO TRAVEL FOR WORK. PLEASE GET IN TOUCH ON 01963 440002 OR EMAIL [email protected] WE HAVE AVAILABILITY FOR TOURING UNITS AND SELF-CATERING LODGES.
WE ARE ALSO ABLE TO PROVIDE ACCOMMODATION FOR THOSE WHO ARE ATTENDING FUNERALS AND THOSE WHO ARE MOVING HOUSE DURING THE COVID-19 LOCKDOWN.
BOOKINGS FOR THE 2021 SEASON WILL BE HELD AT CURRENT 2020 PRICES
OUR TELEPHONE LINE AND EMAIL ARE MANNED AS USUAL DURING THE COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
- 26 NOVEMBER 2020
KEY WORKER ACCOMMODATION COVID-19
We are able to house key workers, manufacturing and construction employees and those who need to travel for work during the COVID-19 lockdown. If you require accommodation, please view our key worker accommodation page.
Long Hazel Park was established at the end of WW2 as emergency housing and, 75 years later, we are proud to assist with housing key workers in the COVID-19 crisis.
Dear customers, friends and the South Somerset community,
We have no clear message from the UK Government regarding staying open or closing. It is therefore our own moral judgement that we should close our gates for the timebeing, beginning Monday 23 March.
This is the first time under our 23 year ownership, and to our knowledge under the site's 75 years in business, that we have had to make a prolonged closure.
The impact of tourists looking to self isolate in small, rural areas is becoming very clear on the news. We feel, as a responsible business, that we cannot inflict further strain on our GP surgery, our NHS and our shops at this time. Our customers are finding the “non-essential travel” suggestion to be very vague, so we will do our best to make it clear: if the human travel stops, the viral travel stops too.
A large number of our customers are in the high risk category, whether that is the over 70s or those with underlying health issues. We cannot continue to allow for the spread of this virus to have a knock on effect on vulnerable people.
We have been in constant contact with the BH&HPA, sometimes emailing across concerns several times a day to be put to Government. We have taken advice from Tourism Industry experts across the South West. We have spoken to many, many site owners and small businesses about the impact of this and to share insights and advice. However, the decision lies with us to do the best we can here.
We are very proud of how well our customers have conducted themselves during this time, making sensible decisions to postpone their own enjoyment for the sake of others. We too, passed on extra precautions with increased cleaning, new check-in procedures and regular updates to all concerned. There is no clubhouse, games room or bar and we all but shut down any communal indoor areas. We can't thank you enough for being so understanding, even when we changed our procedures several times a day!
We are a small touring caravan park, with no seasonal pitches or storage to rely on for income, so this decision hasn't been an easy one for us. At present, we are still unsure whether our insurance will cover a closure, but this is a risk we have to take as a responsible business. Working and planning throughout the night has become the norm for us for weeks and we won't be stopping, despite our temporary closure. We're still here, keeping everything on track.
Any outstanding bookings, we will be contacting you imminently. We would request at this tough time that you kindly defer your booking rather than ask for a refund, so that we are able to re-open when this is all over. We are accepting re-booking for up to one year from the end of your travel date with us, in order to apply the least restrictions possible.
Currently, we are waiting for a Government announcement to determine when we will re-open. We are making it our number one priority to keep you all updated.
It is safe to say, we have learnt a lot from this. Whether that's making quick decisions for the safety of our customers; the ability to adapt to new, unprecedented situations; or knowing when the time is right to do our bit and close the gates.
We're going to take this time to work outside on the grounds, to ensure that everything looks the best it possibly can for when you come back and visit us again. We appreciate your understanding at this time. You are all in our thoughts.
Please keep well and keep safe.
Alan, Pamela and Christina
22 March 2020
EVENT POSTPONEMENTS DUE TO COVID-19
Following the postponement of three major Somerset events, we would like to inform our customers we are doing our best to adapt bookings:
RNAS Yeovilton Air Day 2020 has been cancelled
- if you have booked for accommodation with us for Yeovilton Air Day 2020, we will hold your deposit over so that you can come back for 2021 and you will have priority booking with us for these dates too
- if you cannot make the new date, we will hold your deposit over for use at any time between now and 13 July 2021
The Royal Bath and West Show at Shepton Mallet has been moved to 3 - 5 June 2021
- if you have booked for the original dates, we will hold your deposit over so that you can come back for the new Bath and West dates
- if you cannot make the new show dates, we will hold your deposit over for use at any time between now and 30 May 2021
Glastonbury Festival 2020 has been postponed to 2021
- Glastonbury Festival have advised that they will be holding deposits over to 2021 and that you will have priority to purchase tickets for next year's festival
- if you have booked for accommodation on your way to the festival, during the festival, or on your way back from the festival, we will hold your deposit over so that you can come back for 2021 and you will have priority booking with us for these dates too
- if you cannot make the new date, we will hold your deposit over for use at any time between now and 30 June 2021
Please do get in touch if you would like to change your dates, either by telephone on 01963 440002 or email at [email protected]
As a small business, we are sure you will appreciate that we cannot offer refunds for events that are outside of our control. We are, however, doing our best to be understanding and offering what we can in terms of re-booking. If you have travel insurance, you may be able to claim against this for cancellations.
18 March 2020